Sweet Potato Pizza Crust

When I made that sweet potato pudding, it was at a time where I had a large quantity of sweet potatoes and I didn't know what to do with them.  I was looking up recipes online and I came up with sweet potato pizza crust.  Conveniently, we also had some tomato paste that needed to be used up before it spoiled, so pizza is what we made.  Admittedly, it seems rather strange, but it was good.  The crust has flour in it, so it isn't straight sweet potato.  So it was truly like bread.



We didn't have any real cheese, only a little bit of canned Parmesan cheese that my parents had brought to me, so we used that.


For the crust, mix together:
4 c. mashed sweet potato
1 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 egg
1 Tbs. dried pizza spices
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt

I baked it at something like 400F for 20 minutes, then added the toppings (tomato paste + an assortment of random cooked greens from the garden + Parmesan cheese) and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.

Comments