Frozen Peanut Butter Bananas Tiny Fridge Style


In the US, where I had a larger freezer, I tried slicing banana, putting peanut butter in between two slices, and covering them in melted chocolate before freezing them.  And it was quite the treat.  Here in Uganda, however, I have a tiny fridge with a freezer that is about two inches tall.  There also are no chocolate chips to melt.  The good news, though, is that there are lots of bananas and peanut butter. 

So, how to make this work in the tiny freezer and with what I had?  I mixed some peanut butter with cocoa powder and about a tablespoon of powdered sugar until it got to be the thickness of store-bought American peanut butter (the peanut butter here is purely peanuts and is like extremely runny natural peanut butter).  Then I put a scoop in between two banana slices, put them on a plate, and slid them into the freezer.  After about four hours, they were frozen enough to enjoy!


Comments