Passion Fruit Tart

When our friend Ben came to visit, he wanted to make a pie.  Unfortunately, in Uganda there really aren't that many fruits that one normally makes pies out of.  However, when someone gave me passion fruits, we decided to see if there was a pie-like thing that could be made from them.

It turns out that you can make some pretty nice tarts out of passion fruit.  I found this recipe online here.  Due to the fact that I did not have access to cream, we used regular milk instead.  Also, I have to confess that I did not know that one can eat the seeds of passion fruit until this point.  Now that I know, I regret all the wasted good stuff that I composted in the past!


Since I don't have a pie pan, I used a cast iron skillet lined with foil.  As you can see from the picture, the tart turned out looking kind of funny, like a passion fruit quiche!  But it was really good when it was chilled.  In fact, I even made it a second time for myself.  Later, I found out that Anthony really dislikes the smell of passion fruit, poor man.  The suffering I make him go through, putting strong-smelling fruits in our fridge all the time...

Comments