Christmas baking

Merry Christmas!  We've had all sorts of great holiday baking going on here in Uganda. 
Ladenburger peanut bars:


Hazelnut cookies:


The traditional Christmas sweet roll.  Half made without raisins.


And half made without.  I don't have a big cookie sheet like my mom (and I don't have an oven big enough for a big cookie sheet), so I made two Cs instead of a wreath shape!


 Our friend Marissa and I also had fun making her family's sugar cookies, with natural food coloring.  We used powdered moringa leaves for green, turmeric for yellow, and the fruits from malabar spinach for pink. 


We were pretty proud of how they turned out.  Honestly, the green ones actually did have the taste of moringa, but we figured it was worth it because we added enough powder for it to actually have some nutritional benefit!  The pink and yellow, however, tasted just like plain old sugar cookie.


Comments