Apple Roses


My mom and I made this fun treat while I was home at Christmas.  We had some leftover puff pastry and had seen pictures of apple roses online.  We thought we could put together something similar with what we had, so we tried it out for ourselves. 


First, we quartered apples and cut them thinly (and by thin, I mean no more than 1/8").  Then, we put the apple slices into the microwave for 45 seconds to soften them.  Next, we cut the puff pastry into long, inch-wide strips.  We laid out the apple slices on the pastry, with the peel side facing up, hanging a bit over the edge of the pastry, and sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon and sugar on top.  Then all that was necessary was to roll the whole thing up into rose shapes, as you can see below.


We baked them at 425F for about 20 minutes (I'd check them at 15 just to be safe since no one likes burnt roses).  And here's the finished product:

Comments

  1. Were they yummy? Were they terrible? Don't keep us in suspense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were great! A nice, light dessert or snack. I always have loved cooked apples and that's basically what they taste like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment