Peach Oat Muffins


In case you're looking for another good peach recipe, I tried out peach oat muffins and they were great.  I have always loved muffins and I also love oats, so when I was trying to find things to do with lots of peaches, this came up.  These muffins don't use up a whole lot of peaches (make peach crisp or cobbler for that purpose), but they are still worth making.


How to make them:
1 c. flour
1 c. oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted (this is automatic when it is 78+ degrees in your apartment)
1 c. plain Greek yogurt
1 egg
4 peaches, cubed

Combine the dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl (like the one you melted the butter in), combine the butter, coconut oil, yogurt, and egg.  Then mix the two bowls together.  Stir in the peaches, then fill 12 greased muffin tin cups (or ungreased silicone cups) with the batter.  Bake at 400F for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


I love these silicone baking cups that my parents gave me.  The don't take up much space and they are incredibly easy to pop muffins out of!  And although they aren't easy to wash, regular muffin tins aren't really any better.

Comments