Lemon Bean Bundt Cake


This adventure was a combination of two good recipes.  One, a white bean bundt cake and the other a lemon yogurt cake.

I had a can of white beans in the cupboard that I wasn't using and there was a bundt pan in the farm kitchen.  There was a time when I baked brownies that had black beans in them, but I never had made a cake with beans in it before.  Since I am all about trying new and interesting recipes like that, I figured I probably ought to give it a try.

The bundt cake recipe came from Joy the Baker.  Instead of her meringue frosting, however, I decided to turn it into a lemon cake.


While baking the cake, I dissolved 1/3 c. sugar in 1/3 c. lemon juice in a pot on medium heat.  Once the cake came out of the oven (but while still in the pan), I poured the sugar lemon juice on top and let it soak in while the cake cooled.


And there you have it: and excellent, moist lemon bean bundt cake.

Comments