Apple Pecan Muffins


As part of working on the farm, we participate in the daily milking of the dairy goats.  Since I confessed to being more of a morning person than a night person, I usually milk at 6:30am, so I wanted a breakfast that I could eat quickly in order to sleep in as long as possible.  And this is something I found: Apple Muffins.


I altered the recipe a bit in order to use ingredients I had, but it still turned out very good.  This is what I did:

1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. oats
1 large gala apple, chopped
1/4 c. raisins
1/3 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. almond milk
1/3 stick butter, softened

Mix together the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients separately, then put them together.  I added the apple, raisins, and pecans all at the end.  Bake at 400F for 15-18 minutes.


Comments