Lemon Meringue Pie

I have always enjoyed lemon meringue pie, but I had never made it (partly because Anthony won't eat lemon-flavored things). Since we had company this past week, though, I decided to give it a try. It turned out really well, but it wasn't terribly easy to make. I used the recipe from "The Joy of Cooking" with "Meringue #2." This meringue uses cornstarch to stabilize it so it doesn't get wet and mushy after you put it in the fridge and this worked out great, but making the whole thing involved me trying to do 3 things at once (the cornstarch mixture, lemon custard, and meringue)... Nevertheless, I survived and here's what I ended up with:

First, you're supposed to put the meringue around the edge first so the lemon filling doesn't slide around and I thought this looked really pretty.


And then a few pictures of how it came out of the oven:



And the final tasty product:

Comments

  1. Where's the recipe homeslice?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that I mentioned it being in the copyrighted cookbook "The Joy of Cooking" :) Also, if it hadn't been in a book, it was too long and complicated for me to want to type it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened to bake the same pie this past weekend (stumbled across your blog when I decided to Google "joy of cooking lemon meringue pie"). It was my first time making a lemon meringue pie, and this one was SO good. It tasted even better the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment