Polenta with Spinach and Tomatoes

This is a very simple recipe, but I find it satisfying.  It involves making polenta, mixing in goat cheese, then topping it with wilted spinach and roasted tomatoes.


I found the recipe here and tried it out with my parents.  After the first time, we decided it was easy, tasty, and worth making again.  Since we were cooking for more people, though, we made two cups of polenta instead of one cup and only used about 6 oz of goat cheese for that amount of polenta (instead of doubling the amount).  Additionally, we harvested spinach and chard from my parents' garden for the wilted greens.  So you could certainly substitute chard for the spinach if that was what you had. 

I'm thinking about making it in Kenya with maize flour and collard greens (though I might have to leave out the goat cheese if I can't find any).


Comments