Sweet Potato Crust Quiche


Yet another fun recipe that I have recently made with my mom was this sweet potato crust quiche.  It was made amazingly easy with her fancy food processor that has a slicing attachment which sliced this sweet potato in seconds.  (I can imagine it would be more difficult cutting them thinly by hand)  And not only was the food processor an excellent tool, but the quiche tasted good enough that we made this again a second time soon after!


I used a recipe found here, but the link isn't working right now, so I'll also type out the recipe for you.  Since I was with my mom, we followed the directions exactly (with the exception of using fresh basil as the herb of choice since that was what was in the fridge).  It was prepared with lots of teasing me for my propensity to substitute something else for large percentages of the ingredients in a recipe.  Ha.  So true though.

1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1 lb. fresh spinach
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 eggs
1 c. fresh mozzarella, grated
1/4 tsp. each: oregano, thyme, rosemary
fresh basil
1 Tbs. white miso
1/4 c. goat cheese
1/4 c. asagio cheese (sprinkled on top of the quiche)

Lay the potato slices in pie dish (we used a 9" ceramic pie plate) and brush with olive oil.  Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.  While the crust is baking, saute the onion and garlic until lightly browned.  Then, add the spinach and saute until it is wilted and tender.  Mix eggs, mozzarella, herbs, goat cheese, and miso in a bowl.  Add the cooked spinach, garlic, and onion.  Place into the baked sweet potato crust and sprinkle with the asagio cheese.  Reduce oven to 375F and bake for 40 minutes.


Comments