Soursop Muffins


Soursop is a weird fruit.  It almost tastes like bubblegum to me and it has a very mushy texture.  However, it is enjoyable once you get used to it, especially when you eat it cold.  I've heard it makes good ice cream, but since my freezer is about 2 inches tall...

Anyway, another interesting thing that I made with our friend Ben was soursop muffins.  There was a big one that was ripe and Ben decided to cut it up and mash it.  But then, what to do with all this mashed soursop? 


We decided that since it was kind of the consistency of applesauce, we could probably make some kind of bread with it.  I hadn't used my silicone muffin cups lately, so it became muffins.  The recipe is as follows:

1 c. soursop, seeds removed, and mashed
2 Tbs. butter
¼ c. honey
2 Tbs plain yogurt
2 eggs
1 c. AP flour
1 c. whole wheat flour

Mix everything together well, divide into 12 muffin cups, and bake for 30 minutes at about 350F (I'm pretty sure that around the temperature my oven was at when I baked these).


If you had a blender, you could probably blend the soursop.  Since I don't have one, there was the occasional chunk of soursop in each muffin, which is either good or bad, depending on your taste.

Comments

  1. Doesn't this recipe need baking powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been 6 years since I made these, so I can't say for sure, but it seems I didn't use it when I baked them.

      Delete

Post a Comment