Treats

In the past weeks, I have had the chance to make some treats. One was for me and the other one Anthony and I made together for us.
So together, we made peanut butter balls, something for which we have all of the ingredients readily accessible. I mixed up the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and imitation rice krispies, and then formed them into balls. Anthony, as you can see here, was the one to roll them in melted chocolate. Very tasty!


Then, for myself, I baked some scones in our neighbor's oven. The recipe comes from my sister and they turned out beautifully. I like scones a lot and I hadn't thought about the fact that I might be able to make them here. So here they are:

2 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 oz butter, cut into cubes
1 cup raisins
1 Tbs cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk (or for me, since I have no buttermilk, 1 cup milk mixed with 1 Tbs vinegar)

Mix dry ingredients, then cut in the cubed butter until it is the texture of cornmeal. Then add buttermilk, and fruit. Knead it gently a couple times. Roll dough out to approximately one-inch thickness and cut into squares. Cut those squares again on the diagonal, creating triangles.
Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes at 375°, until lightly browned. (To my surprise, they grew a LOT, so make sure to spread them out on the baking sheet - at least an inch apart)

Comments