Pavlova in the Clay Oven

When I was baking a whole bunch of things in my clay oven, I thought it would be a good opportunity to try making pavlova at the end of the baking time when the oven was cooling.  Since I use gas to cook, it seems very uneconomical to have the gas on for hours with the temperature around 200.  It was actually quite successful, though when I closed the oven door, it got hotter instead of cooler and the pavlova got a little bit too browned.

 
I made lemon curd with the discarded egg yolks, thinking it would be nice with the pavlova, but it was WAY too sweet to have those things together.  If it's possible, I would probably make the pavlova with half as much sugar the next time.  I ended up eating it with plain yogurt on top.  Anthony said it tasted like the marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal...



Comments