Papaya Tart

With the extreme abundance of papayas in our yard, I tried to come up with some ways to use them besides just eating them plain (especially considering I'm not a huge fan of papaya...).  Since I recently got a tart pan from some friends, this papaya tart was a fun thing to try.


Here's the recipe:
Crust
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
8 Tbs. cold butter, diced

Filling
1 c. sugar
3 Tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. papaya puree
4 eggs
1 Tbs. lemon juice

Grease a tart pan.  Mix the crust ingredients together and cut in the butter.  Press it into the tart pan.  Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, mix together all the filling ingredients.  Pour them over the baked crust and put it back in the oven for another 25-30 minutes, until the filling is set.


I tried it when it came out of the oven because I always want to taste baked goods right away.  However, I think it's better cold.

Comments