Pumpkin Desserts

My pumpkin plants have been making lots of pumpkins, which creates a lot of food!  It takes me and Anthony several days to finish a whole one off.  But that means there is plenty for baking.  I also have been starting to harvest my bananas!  This one is a small, sweet type (though it isn't yet ripe in the picture).


Anyway, one time I got carried away with baking in the clay oven (okay, this seems to happen every time...).  But I made some really great pumpkin treats.  Below on the left is bread made with bulgur wheat.  I made the regular recipe and added about half a cup of pumpkin puree.  Then, on the right, is pumpkin banana bread with chocolate chips.


Here is the recipe for the pumpkin banana bread:


Ingredients:                                                  
1 1/2 cups flour                                                  
1 tsp. baking soda                                 
1 tsp. salt                                             
1 tsp. cinnamon                         
1/2 tsp. nutmeg     
1/4 tsp. cloves                                   
1 Tbs. butter
1 cup sugar                               
1 cup pumpkin (pureed)
3/4 cup chocolate chips                            
1 egg                                                           
1 tsp. vanilla                                      
3 small bananas, mashed (1 1/2 regular sized ones)                          
First, mix together all the wet ingredients, then add in the dry ones.  Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf pan.  Bake for about 1 hour at maybe 350F.  I think that is about where my oven was when I was baking this.


I also made pumpkin chocolate chip bars, which were great!  I maybe should have baked this a little longer, but it still tasted good.


Comments