Mango "Ice Cream"


Thanks to the immersion blender that my mom sent to me, I've been enjoying making some foods that were pretty much impossible without it.  One such dish was mango "ice cream" and I had it A LOT when mangoes were in season and were raining from our mango tree daily.  In Soroti, the ice cream available isn't really worth mentioning, so we generally do without.  You may have heard of banana "ice cream" where you freeze bananas and then puree them in a blender to make something the consistency of ice cream.  And you can also freeze pudding to make ice cream.  But I think mango ice cream is the best!  I froze chunks of mango and then blended them up with the immersion blender.  That is all.  Occasionally I'd add in a little yogurt or a banana, but straight mango ice cream was wonderful.


And there it is: easy, easy.


Comments