Sage and Zucchini Blossom Omelet

I made a really good omelet the other day with some interesting items from my garden.  I have a lot of sage and wasn't really sure what to do with it.  Zucchini blossoms, on the other hand, I always enjoy frying up after dipping them in egg.  I thought I would give sage eggs a shot, so I made myself an omelet with the zucchini blossoms I picked and some fresh sage.  I also sprinkled on a little bit of precious Parmesan cheese I brought here from the US.


It turned out really well!  I think I need to put more sage into my eggs from now on. 

Just as a side note, if you are going to eat zucchini/squash blossoms, you should pick the male flowers.  Cucurbits (squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, etc.) have both male and female flowers.  You don't want to pick the female ones because those develop into the fruits that you will want to eat later.  The good news is that it is pretty easy to find the male flowers because they are the ones that don't have a little baby zucchini (or pumpkin or whatever) at the base of them. 

Comments