Quinoa Patties

A while ago, when Anthony was gone, I made myself some quinoa patties for dinner.  They turned out great and held together much better than I thought they would, especially considering that I didn't add any bread crumbs.  I really liked the flavor of rosemary in them.


I got the idea here, but adjusted the recipe based on what I had.
1 c. quinoa, cooked in 2 c. water
     Cook about 1.5 cups of thinly sliced collard greens with the quinoa
4 eggs

1/4 c. feta cheese
1 Tbs. dried rosemary

 Mix together all of the ingredients and let the mixture sit for a few minutes.  Form into patties (I made mine about 3-4" in diameter).  Cook them on a lightly oiled skillet at medium heat for about 10 minutes total on each side.  I turned them over three times, after five minutes on each side.

I think that adding bread crumbs would allow you to make a thicker patty that held together even better than this.  Perhaps I will try that next time, or at least sometime when I actually have bread crumbs on hand.

Comments