Baguette


This is a recipe for a very tasty and easy, no-knead bread that I got from my sister-in-law.
1 1/2 cups warm water
3/4 Tbs. yeast
3/4 Tbs. kosher salt
3 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. chopped garlic
Mix all the ingredients together, then let the dough rest for 3 hours, covered with a towel. Sprinkle some flour on the dough, flour your hands, then divide it into two pieces. Stretch each piece into a loaf shape, then let it rest on parchment paper for 20 more minutes, covered. After this, score the tops of the loaves with a sharp knife.

Preheat the oven and a cookie sheet to 450F. Once the loaves have risen and the oven has preheated, transfer the parchment paper with loaves to the cookie sheet. Place a pan half filled with water on the rack below it. Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Let it cool for a little while before slicing.

You'll notice that my loaf is a little bent - this is because I didn't use parchment paper; I just picked the loaves up off the counter and set them on the baking sheet and it stretched out in the middle between my hands...

Comments