Indian food + Ugandan food = hummus

Thanks to my mom and sister who reminded me that tahini is sesame paste, I was able to make hummus here in Uganda. (I got the chick peas in an Indian supermarket) And to be honest, I think it was the best hummus I have ever made/eaten. Yes, it is true. I’m not sure what it is but maybe it was the fresh sesame paste that we bought at the market or the chick peas that I cooked myself. But either way, it was great. Oh, by the way, the sesame paste actually tastes pretty good on its own, unlike (in my opinion) tahini.
Now, I will admit I did not measure. But in a blender, I ground up maybe 3 cups of chick peas, half a cup of sesame paste, garlic, half to a whole cup of water, and salt.

Also, here is a picture of the feast we were served in Kachumbala: millet bread, matooke, Irish potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, chicken, meat, and two kinds of greens.

Comments

  1. Mmm, I've been asking Meg to find a good hummus recipe, we should try this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment