Interesting Mini Eggplants

Often, when I go to the market, I see interesting new foods that I don't recognize.  I have this desire to try new things and so sometimes (but not too often for Anthony's sake!) I buy them and try them out.  Such was the case with these little eggplant-like veggies.


To be honest, I don't know specifically what they are (but I do know they are edible, don't worry...).  They truly look just like eggplants in all ways, but small and greenish.


I asked the lady who sold them to me how people usually prepare them and she told me to fry them with tomatoes.  So I did.  I chopped them up and stir fried them in olive oil with tomatoes.  It looked like ratatouille while I was cooking them, but these little guys tasted much more bitter than regular eggplants.  I think that I will stick with regular eggplants from now on.

Comments