Bran Muffins

 It is hard to resist buying things at the supermarket that seem unusual (to me) for Africa.  For example, All Bran cereal.  I think I found that once in Uganda and bought so I could make bran muffins.  Now I do like bran muffins, but they're not my most favorite muffin in the world.  Yet when I saw All Bran here, I felt like I had to buy it so I could make bran muffins!  (Probably it will be in the supermarket all the time - there's way more variety in the stores here than in Uganda). 

Oh, well, we enjoyed them anyway.


Bran Muffins (adjusted to high altitude)
1 c. flour
2 c. bran cereal soaked in 1 c. milk until soft
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/4 c. oil

Mix everything together and fill 12 muffin cups.  Bake at 425F for 20-25 minutes.


Comments