Crazy Skillet Cinnamon Roll

So, I saw this recipe for a giant cinnamon roll baked in a skillet, which looked really cool.  Not to mention that cinnamon rolls are great.  I figured I should try it since it is do-able in Uganda with the ingredients I have.

I should have been slightly concerned when the dough had risen and was starting to overflow out of my mixing bowl.  But I really thought nothing of it until I was trying to stuff all the strips of cinnamon roll into the skillet.  Apparently I have too small of a skillet.  I went ahead with it anyway, and this is what happened:


Note that my skillet cinnamon roll looks pretty much nothing like the picture on the website with the recipe!  Haha.


Yup, so I had sprinkled the extra sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of the dough and that is what burned (because I didn't check on it often enough).  But it was pretty easy to cut off.  And even though it looked really ridiculous, it tasted very good!  Especially with frosting.

Comments