Giant Mushroom

One day in the village, I saw people selling these gigantic mushrooms.  I just can't resist trying something new like this.



It is as big as my face!


So I asked how people usually prepare such mushrooms and they made two suggestions.  First, to make it with peanut sauce.  Second, to fry it up with tomatoes and onions.  Since I had tomatoes and onions sitting around needing to be used, I decided to try that first.  Next time, I will try it with peanut sauce.


The trickiest thing was trying to clean the mushroom.  I had a friend over and we did our best trying to shake the dirt out and then wash it, but when we finished the cooking, we discovered that it was still a little gritty, although it tasted good...

So, the recipe was very simple.  You need:
1 Giant mushroom, cubed
5 Green onions, sliced thinly
4 Tomatoes, diced
Salt

Chop up the mushroom and fry it in olive oil, along with the green onions, until it starts to get soft.  Then, add the tomatoes and cook it until you have a kind of tomato sauce.  That is all.


The texture was a lot like a portobello mushroom and even though it did not even remotely taste like fish, it gave off a smell similar to cooking fish while we were frying it up.

Comments